Thursday, July 3, 2008

Jawal Zad Sms - 1

1) ( Our Lord! Punish us not if we forget or fall into error. ) [ al-Baqarah 2:286, interp. Of meaning]. Every sin that a Muslim commits because he makes a mistake, forgets, or is forced to do it, is forgiven by Allah. The Muslim will be brought to account for what he does deliberately. ( And there is no sin on you concerning that in which you made a mistake, except in regard to what your hearts deliberately intend. ) [ al-Ahzab 33:5, interp.of meaning].

2) Mu'adh said : " I sleep and I get up (to pray at night), and I seek reward for my sleep as I seek reward for my grtting up." He sought reward for his sleepbecause he intended by sleeping to gain strength to do acts of worship.

3) Fasting in Shabaan : Osama bin zaid said: " Oh Prophet of Allah! I have not seen you fast any other month as much as you do in Shabaan. He said: It's a month which people neglect, between Rajab & Ramadan, in which people's deeds are raised to the Lord of the Universe, & I would like that my deeds are raised while I am fasting. Nisaa'I 2317 (rated as hasan by Al-Albani)

4) Allah says ( interp of meaning ) : " The mothers shall breastfeed their children for two whole years, ( that is ) for those ( parents ) who desire to complete the term of breastfeeding" [ al-Baqarah 2:233 ]. As the scholars explained, this is a command to mothers to breastfeed their children. They also mentioned that one part of breast feeding is obligatory, which is the yellow substance ( colostrums ) that is produced at the beginning of breastfeeding and which is known medically to be of great benefit.

5) The one who is praying behind the imam is to follow the imam, not to do anything before him, or at the same time as him, or to delay doing it. The Messenger of Allah ( peace be upon him ) said : " The imam is only appointed to be followed, so when he says takbeer, say takbeer; when he bows, then bow ( and do not bow until he bows ); when he says ' Sami'a Allahu liman hamidah ', then say ' Allahumma rabbana laka'l-hamd '. If he prays standing , then pray standing."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Assalamualikum,

The tidbits were informative.

Thank you.